Research AppointmentsThe Riverside Church Archives is open to the public for research, by appointment only. Access to materials is provided and supervised by archives staff.
To make a research appointment, follow these instructions:
- If you are a member of the public or a Riverside congregant, fill out a Research Application Form. If you are a Riverside staff member or lay leader, fill out a Staff & Lay Leader Request for Research Form.
- If you have not already done so, visit our Digital Archive to view our finding aids in order to request specific materials.
- If needed, you may book a Research Consultation with one of our archivists to discuss your research or topic.
- Send the application back to us via email.
- A member of the archives team will get back to you if your application is approved. Approval is granted pursuant to the Terms Governing Research Access, which will be issued to you by an archives staff member.
- Prior to your appointment, you are required to read and agree to the Research & Access Policy.
- Once this registration process is complete, you may then make an appointment to access materials in-person by clicking on the button below. If you book an appointment without completing steps 1-6, it will be canceled by archives staff.
- Appointments must be scheduled at least one week in advance.